What represents the TIR Carnet?
TIR Carnet (French Transport International par la route) is a customs document that simplifies customs formalities in international transport of goods. Monitoring and method of transport vehicles, containers and goods in the TIR Carnet mode is determined by the "Customs Convention on the International Transport of Goods under Cover of TIR Carnets."
TIR is designed to maximally facilitate the international movement of goods under Customs seal. Transit system of state guarantees covering duties and taxes in case of abuse (smuggling).
TIR system offers advantages for all links in the chain of international transit transport of goods:
1. reduces transport costs by reducing formalities and delays in transit;
2. facilitates the movement in transit by using standardized regulations and documentation;
3. goods moving across international borders with minimal disruption and interruptions;
4. delays and transport costs are reduced;
5. there is no need for a deposit (guarantee) the boundaries of the transit country;
6. guaranteed payment of customs and tax duties in the event of abuse (up to 50 000 $);
7. only proven operators are allowed to use TIR Carnets - increasing safety;
8. reduced the need for physical control of goods in transit;
9. system facilitate customs control and supporting documentation.
Vehicles and containers must meet certain requirements in order to transport goods in international transport labeled TIR.
The vehicle must be built so that:
1 goods can be removed or inserted into the closed part of the vehicle without leaving visible traces of attempts or no injury custom features;
2 custom features can be easily and successfully put;
3 contains a hidden space within which the goods can not hide;
4 All areas in which you can put goods are accessible for customs inspection.
The container must be:
1. is wholly or partly closed;
2. durable and strong enough material for multiple use;
3. specially designed for facilitating the transport of goods by one or various means of transport without special transhipment of goods;
4. designed for easy manipulation;
5. designed to be easy to fill and empty.
Vehicle or container that meets the requirements shall be issued "certificate of approval for the transport of